Tonight I made a batch of Chocolate Cupcakes! I had to change the Icing Recipe a little bit.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Sprinkles (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour.Pour batter into cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then spread with Easy White Icing using a table knife or small offset spatula. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
Makes 3 1/2 cups, enough for 12 standard cupcakes
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound (3 2/3 cups) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, (optional) – I did not use milk
- I added Almond and Vanilla extract to the icing
In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth.Gradually add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth.
If too thick to spread, beat in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk. I did not use any milk.
Tonight was also the first time I used my decorating bags and my Martha Stewart cupcake liners! Did I have fun!
The cupcakes are awesome. The icing, well I should have used just a tad less of the Almond extract in it.