Well I know that everyone loves peanut butter everything, so I decided to make a Peanut Butter and Jelly cookie. I went on the hunt looking for the best recipe. I wanted something not to difficult to make, but still yummy. So there were a bunch of negative comments on line about the Rachel Ray version of this recipe. But I refused to believe she would steer me wrong. So I decided to use her version. Click here to see the recipe. So what I did was add a little Vanilla, that was about as innovate as I got. Here is what happened:
– The peanut butter dough mess was awful, it stuck to my hands and I could not make balls out of it like stated in the directions; I had to use a ice cream scoop, a little one
– The peanut butter was so sticky that when I attempted to press a hole in them my finger would stick and when I would pull it up there was no hole for the jelly – Oh Boy…..
– I did not grease the pan as stated I used parchment, which worked well, but the cookies spread into a monster mess on the sheet, they ran together
It gets better……
I let them cool off forever……. and they still did this
It gets better…
THEY SUCK!!!!! The after taste is like baking powder and???????. Awful!
Needless to say, I was not happy with the outcome. So I had just enough peanut butter left to try Uncle Mac’s version.
Already better, I can roll the peanut butter in my hand and none of it sticks. Regular sugar vs Brown sugar…..
The fork method made them look fantastic! A little jelly and time for the oven……..
They baked nicely, I pull them out they look like regular cookies.
Let them cool…….. It get’s so better
And they tasted yummy, they are rich with just enough crunch. I was very very happy and I suggest anyone looking to make a peanut butter and jelly cookie to use his recipe. I followed everything to a T, but I used really good products.
- Nielsen-Massey Vanilla
- King Arthur Organic Flour
- Jif PB? Hey it is pretty good lol
Uncle Mac’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie – Great quick cookie, and fun for kids. Nothing fancy, but a yummy cookie!